Bereaved by Suicide services in Herefordshire
The Bereaved by Suicide Service in Herefordshire operates across the county, delivering support to those who have been bereaved or affected by suicide.
Our support is tailored to you. We can help in a variety of ways. This includes informing you of your rights and the next steps. This may be assisting with the funeral or the inquest, or at work/study.
We can help by listening to you and validating your feelings. We also help you to reflect and explore ways to cope after a traumatic incident. And we can connect you with other services who may be able to support you, for example counselling.
We provide support to adults as well as children from the age of 4 upwards.
The service is free and confidential and is here for you when you need it.
To get in touch call 01432 800867 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our national Supportline service is also available 24/7. Call us on 08 08 16 89 111.
You may also find the following organisations useful:
- Samaritans – Samaritans provide emotional support to anyone who’s struggling to cope and needs someone to listen.
- Suicide & Co | Support after Suicide Bereavement – Suicide & Co provide a national helpline and offer free online counselling to those who’ve been bereaved for six months or more.
- Support after Suicide Partnership – the Support after Suicide Partnership brings together suicide bereavement organisations and people with lived experienced to ensure everyone bereaved or affected by suicide is offered timely and appropriate support.
- SoBs (Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide) – SoBs offers support for those bereaved or affected by suicide. Their helpline and email support services are staffed by trained volunteers who have lost loved ones through suicide. They have online and local support groups around the country.
- Papyrus UK Suicide Prevention | Prevention of Young Suicide (papyrus-uk.org) – Papyrus is dedicated to the prevention of suicide and the promotion of positive mental health and emotional wellbeing in young people.