What you can do

Everyone reacts differently after experiencing crime and it’s normal to feel confused about the options that are available to you.

Remember you’re not alone and you can contact us for support at any time.

Coping with crime

Experiencing a crime can have a significant impact on your mental and emotional well-being. We believe everyone should have the right to feel safe in their home and community and get the support that they need to cope and recover after crime.

Some people will turn to their friends and family for support, but you can also contact us if you’d like to talk to someone in confidence and without judgement. We’re here to support you for as long as you need.

Getting support

If you’ve been affected by crime, you can contact us to get the help and support you need to move forward.

You don’t need to report the crime to the police to get our help, and our services and free and confidential. It doesn’t matter when the crime took place and we’ll support you for as long as it takes. Whether it’s helping you install a new burglar alarm, explaining the criminal justice system to you or listening to you without judgement, we can help.

Reporting a crime

If you’ve been a victim of a crime, you might be thinking about reporting it to the police. Find out more about the different ways you can report a crime and what will happen after you’ve reported a crime to the police.

Remember, you can still contact us for support, regardless of whether you involve the police.

Getting compensation

If you suffer a loss or are injured, either physically or mentally, as a result of a crime committed against you, you may be eligible for compensation.

To receive compensation, you’ll have to report the crime to the police as soon as possible after it happened. We can explain your options to you and provide information on filling in any compensation claims. Find out more about what compensation is available.

If you experience a violent crime, you might be eligible for compensation.

Temporary financial support if you experience a violent crime and are on a low income.