Humberside and South Yorkshire
Get help from your local team
If you’ve been affected by crime, call your local Victim Support team in Humberside and South Yorkshire on 0300 303 1976.
Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am-8pm and Saturday 9am-1pm.
As a result of the Coronavirus pandemic we have made our free live chat support service available 24/7.
Create a free account on My Support Space - an online resource containing interactive guides to help you manage the impact that crime has had on you.
How we can help
Emotional and practical help
We are an independent charity and we give emotional and practical help to people who have been affected by crime in Humberside or South Yorkshire. You can contact us for support:
- regardless of the type of crime you have experienced
- whether you’ve contacted the police or not
- no matter how long ago the crime took place.
We’ll help you for as long as it takes to overcome the impact of crime.
Confidential support tailored to your needs
We understand that it’s often a big step to reach out for support, but if you call your local Victim Support team, not only will it be confidential, we’ll make sure that you get the right information and support to help you move forward and overcome the effects of the crime.
Our support is specifically tailored to your needs. This may include:
- arranging a meeting for you to talk to us and receive emotional support
- looking at ways to make you feel safer and less isolated
- helping you access information about compensation
- advice on how to make your home more secure or
- referring you to other specialist organisations (with your permission) that can also help.
Even if you aren't ready to speak
If you aren't ready to meet or to talk over the phone you can access our free live chat service or create an account on My Support Space - a free online resource containing interactive guides to help you manage the impact that crime has had on you.