Criminal injuries compensation
Violent crime can affect people in different ways. It can impact our physical health and emotional wellbeing, our finances, our work and social lives.
Understanding your rights after a crime can help you make informed decisions about moving forward.
Claiming criminal injuries compensation
Claiming compensation may be completely new to you, so we’ve put together this guide on what the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme is all about, how to know if you may be eligible for compensation, and what you can expect from the application process if you choose to apply.
- Apply for Criminal Injuries Compensation online (or call 0300 003 3601)
- Contact your local Victim Support
- Read about your rights after a crime
- Find further support options for victims
- My Support Space - Victim Support's online resource containing an interactive guide on the criminal injuries compensation scheme