In North Wales we offer indirect support to anyone under the age of 18, through their parent or guardian.
We are able to support the parent or guardian with:
- Information and support on accessing other relevant support agencies
- Interventions to open up communication with their child
- Interventions they can make to support their child
- Security alarms and other equipment to improve a child’s sense of safety
- Support in accessing other commissioned services eg counselling.
The indirect service must always be with the parents, carers or professionals. The work focuses on supporting and upskilling the parent or professional to help the child.
This child or young person may be present during discussions with parents as appropriate.