What is a safety plan?
I don’t know how to keep safe
Everyone should have the right to feel safe, but we can’t control others’ actions. A safety plan can help you to:
- look at the risks you face, and make choices on how to reduce these risks to keep you safer
- know which safe adults you can call and who can help when you are not safe
- know when and how to call the police
- avoid places that are unsafe
- plan safe places you can go to and safe ways to travel
- remember what to do in an emergency.