Victim Support’s impact report for the year 2014-15, which outlines the charity’s achievements and work over the past year, is now available on our website.
Last year, we offered support to 1.2 million people affected by crime across England and Wales.
Our key achievements and work during the year 2014-15 include:
- Supporting 193,048 people as they gave evidence in criminal courts, including 31,729 vulnerable or intimidated witnesses and 13,881 children
- Supporting 1,393 people bereaved by 417 murders or manslaughters through our Homicide Service
- Answering 1,000 calls per month to our national Supportline number between the hours of 8pm and 8am
- Supporting people wounded or traumatised by the terrorist incident in Tunisia in July 2015
- Helping thousands of young people cope with the effects of living with domestic violence, keep safe online and give evidence in court.
To learn more about how we’ve made a difference over the past year and to find out how to get involved, follow us on Twitter and Facebook, where we’ll be releasing a new infographic every day this week to highlight some of our key achievements.
Victim Support Impact Report 2014 15.pdf 4 MB