Support following terror attacks in London and Manchester
19 June 2017
If you've been affected by the recent terrorist attacks in London and Manchester and want someone to talk to, our free Supportline is operating 24/7 and can be reached on 08 08 16 89 111 or via email. Alternatively, you can contact your local Victim Support team through our secure online form.
From our experience of supporting survivors of, and people bereaved through, terrorism we know that many people are affected by these traumatic events. It can be in the days, weeks or even months afterwards the emotional impact of witnessing or being affected by a terrorist incident can be felt.
No matter how you have been affected by the attack our help is available for as long as you need it.
- Provide emotional and practical support for all of those affected in any way. Our help is free and confidential.
- Talk through ways to help you support friends and loved ones who have been affected by the incident.
- Provide advice on how to talk to your children about the terror attack.
- Signpost you to local health services, including mental health.
- Help you access specialist services in your area.
- Assist with claiming criminal injuries compensation.
- Discuss ways you may be able to provide assistance or help raise funds.
- Advise on discussing the attacks in schools.
Support our One UK appeal
We know just how devastating and long-lasting the effects of terrorism can be. It can be in the days, weeks or even months afterwards that people feel the emotional impact of witnessing a terror attack.
We're here to support people affected by terrorism for as long as they need us.
By donating to our One UK appeal, you can help us be there for anyone who needs support. Your generous support will help us be there for people affected by the recent attacks and similar events in the future.
- The impact of terrorism and how Victim Support can help
- VS research on the impact of terrorism on survivors and bereaved family members
- VS information leaflet for people affected by the London Bridge attack
- VS information leaflet for those affected by the Manchester attack
- NHS mental wellbeing advice following the Manchester attack
- Information on how to deal with media if you were bereaved or affected by the attack in Manchester
- Advice on how to talk to your children about terrorism
- Guidance for schools on how to discuss traumatic events
- Victim Support Europe