We know that some people still face barriers when trying to access services to help them cope and recover after crime. At VS Kent, we feel that some of these remaining barriers can be broken down by being a more visible part of local communities and enabling people to access our support closer to where they live.
People affected by crime will now be able to make initial contact with us in person in locations across Kent, as well as through our telephone call centre and via our website. You can continue to access our services without reporting it to the police, regardless of when the crime took place.
What are Compass Points?
Compass Points are our way of bringing Victim Support into various communities in Kent. Compass Points will be hosted by trained Victim Support volunteers and supported by staff who have been selected for their knowledge of the local areas to ensure that the support we offer is tailored to meet their individual needs.
Each Compass Point will be open for two hours every week and will give people affected by crime the chance to seek support either on a walk-in basis or by booking an advanced appointment through our call centre on Freephone 0808 168 9276. At the Compass Point, you will be able to seek information, emotional and practical support that is tailored to help you move beyond crime. Compass Points also offer security items to help increase your feeling of safety and security.
Where and when can I visit Compass Points?
Compass Points is held in a variety of locations across Kent:
- Strood - Strood Library, 133 High St, Rochester, ME2 4TJ — Mondays, 12.30pm–2.30pm
- Tonbridge - Tonbridge Gateway, Castle Street, Tonbridge, TN9 1BG — Tuesdays, 11am-1pm
- Folkestone - Folkestone Compass Point, Asda Store, Bouverie Place, Folkestone, CT20 1AU — Tuesdays, 1.30pm-3.30 pm
- Gravesham - Gravesend Gateway, Civic Centre, Windmill Street, Gravesend, DA12 1AU — Wednesdays, 12pm-2pm
- Maidstone - Fusion Café, Unit 2 &3 Cobb Way, Maidstone ME15 9XF — Wednesdays, 10am-12pm
- Thanet - Ramsgate Library, Guildford Lawn, Ramsgate, CT11 9AY — Wednesdays, 12pm-2pm
- Swanley - Swanley Link, London Road, Swanley, BR8 7AE — Thursdays 12pm-2pm. Please note, our Compass Point at Swanley will be unavailable until Thursday 3rd May 2018 for maintenance work at the venue.
- Sheerness - Sheppey Healthy Living Centre, Sheerness, ME12 1HH — Wednesdays 10.30am-12.30pm
- Bluewater - The Learning Shop, Bluewater Shopping Centre, Bluewater Pkwy, Greenhithe, DA9 9SE — every other Friday from 6 April 2018, 11am-1pm.