Although ASB itself isn’t a crime, many of the unacceptable actions people carry out when behaving in an antisocial way, are crimes.
Examples of this can be:
- people drinking alcohol or using drugs in public places or in entrances to homes
- stalking and harassment
- unnacceptable levels of noise
- criminal damage, vandalism or graffiti
- intimidating behaviour by groups of people such as swearing, fighting and shouting
- intimidating neighbours and other people through threats or actual assault
- uncontrolled or dangerous dogs
- online/cyber bullying including writing abusive messages online, sexting or through text messages
- hate crime, where people are abusive to you because of your identity (such as your race, religion, culture, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability).